Hi, sorry for not writing in Polish, but my local forum on living in Norway isn't as active as the Polish one, so I'm hoping to find some help here.

I've lived in Oslo for a couple years now and now I have a completely remote job for a Norwegian company. Meaning I can work from anywhere. I wanted to use this opportunity to travel around both inside and outside of Norway, for half a year, maybe a year, who knows. This means I'd preferably not rent anything in Norway to save myself some expenses. All that without 'moving' from Norway and staying in the system.

Skatteetaaten actually recommended using 'Uten fast bosted' (without permanent address) on my 'Moving within Norway' form and registering as a person without a permanent address. I was wondering if anyone here has experience with this and if it has any downsides. From the limited information I found it can have quite a few downsides. Like applying for credit checks and things like that may not be possible without an address. Also, the tax office said I can only have this registered temporarily, for a few months. Another option for me would be to just a) rent a room somewhere just to be able to register my address there, or b) try and pay someone monthly to have my address registered there, but I reckon option b isn't strictly legal.

Any suggestions?

And yes, for regular mail, I will rent a post box at least.

Thank you!